Monday, October 27, 2008

Run Away Dogs!

I left for work this morning and got into the jetta to see Jake's work stuff still in the car. I knew he would need it for work tonight before I got home so I went back inside to tell him. As we went back outside the dogs joined us to unload the Jetta. Normally, the dogs hang out in the garage or our front yard and occasionally our neighbors front yard sniffy around so it's not a problem. Well, I got in my car, backed out of the garage, and started driving slowly down the street watching to see if Jake got the dogs back in the house. I noticed he was LOOKING & CALLING for them so I got a little nervous. I started searching our neighbors front yards as I was driving and then as I turned the corner to face Happy Valley Road there they were! Those stinkers. Then I noticed Buster (my dog) become alert and take off after a guy on a bike heading west on the north side of Happy Valley Road (we live on the south side). So yes he ran across five lanes luckily with no traffic. Then Seargent (jake's dog) took off after Buster and the guy on the bike but by the time he headed across Happy Valley Road there were cars coming. He was almost hit by a big truck and like four other cars. I was freaking out!!!!!! I finally got onto Happy Valley Road heading west after the dogs, who are after the guy on a bike. This poor guy because by now Buster had slowed down and Seargent (half pit bull and looks really mean) was right on his heels. I caught up to Buster and coaxed him into the back seat of the car to turn around and see Seargent running towards me in the middle of the road. I was so mad at him but he looked like he was having so much fun (as if he were saying "Hi mommy! Oh this is so much fun, can we do this more often. Why do you look so upset?") I drove home so mad and telling them that they were bad dogs. By the time I got home and Jake asked me where they were I just started laughing as I said "running after a guy on a bike down Happy Valley Road." That poor guy! I wonder what he was thinking as he saw my two dogs running after him. Hahahaha it does make me laugh!

4 comments:

Brianne said...

That is so funny! I am very glad they weren't hurt!

Ginny said...

wow! Im glad they weren't hurt! The funniest part is that I can totally picture the whole scene as you were telling it! Them running after a guy on a bike, you yelling at them, them giving you those little puppy dog faces....ah ha ha.

Megan and Sean said...

AHHHH!!! Glad you got 'em!

Cindy said...

It's fun reading your blog, hope the biker wasn't Bart, he does ride his bike to work everyday!! And yes, Jake is a stud!! Actually Rhegan thinks he is an awesome teacher, thanks Jake!!!