Monday, January 5, 2009

Burke Family Update

So I'm really bad at this blogging thing...it's been well over a month since I've had time to get on and post anything and this post is actually getting done when I should be going to bed but my Aunt Shannon and Cousin Page called me today and asked me to post some really awesome pictures of our family Christmas party. So I have a lot to catch you up on but I'll stick mainly to Christmas stuff and I'm going to work kind of backwards. First, this was a fun year with Kadence and a Christmas tree. She really enjoyed decorating it and loved playing with the ornaments but once they were on the tree she did pretty good of leaving them alone. We are happy to announce that we only had one casualty and it was an ornament that Jake and I were not fond of anyway. To be honest our biggest problem with having a real tree this year was trying to keep the dogs from drinking all its water.
On Christmas morning Jake could not sleep in and wanted to wake Kadence up early. I said okay and she was not excited at first. But when she saw her Elmo Restuarant in the living room she perked right up.
Jake of course got his Playstation 3. I know he is super excited about having it but the poor guy hardly has any time to play.I got a new printer for my compter that prints really good pictures. I have gone a little picture printing crazy in the last week...I LOVE IT!


We spend Christmas Eve with Jake's family every year. Uncle Eric kept giving Kadence chocolate and pretty much anything else she wanted. He was her favorite person all night.










Kadence is turning into such a little girly girl. She loves shoes and purses. Anything that she can put over her shoulder is a purse and so for the last month or so every Christmas bag was a purse. I actually still have quite a few laying around the house because she loves to play with them and put anything she can find into them.



Kadence with her favorite person in the world...Grandma Woodward. Our family Christmas party was on Dec. 23rd this year (it sure is getting hard to get everyone together these days). We have decided to make that a new tradition because the 24th and 25th are just too hard. My Aunt Holly did an amazing job putting together the party with food and fun games. Our favorite game included turning Colin, Mitch and Jake into Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. Keep reading you'll understand.
Oh yeah that's right Jake has panty hose on his head. So the point of the game is to race and see which team can fill the panty hose up with balloons the fastest to give Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer his antlers.
I highly recommend this game by the way...it was super fun and we had a ton of laughs. Except for Kadence. Poor girl did not like seeing daddy looking so funny she cried and didn't want to go anywhere near him.



The boys were such good sports. I love how one of Mitch's antlers actually sticks up. Hahaha gotta love it. Thank you Aunt Holly for making the party such a success and so much fun.



Well after Daddy took his antlers off Kadence decided it would be okay if she played with the balloons and tried to blow them up herself. I love that little girl!



Okay so now I've filled you in on Our Christmas week and I will try to be back before another month rolls by but I make no promises. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year. Love ya! Jake, Amanda & Kadence

5 comments:

Brianne said...

Great pics!! I love Mitch's antler that sticks up!! :) I love all the great pics of K bug!! She is so adorable. We need to get together so the girls can play together and you and I can just visit and be silly :)

WoodwardFam said...

Thanks Mandy!!! I have been wanting to see those pictures since I heard about the party. We miss you all!

Megan and Sean said...

Oh, Kadence is so sweet! It's so hard to believe, she looks all grown up! Love the raindeer game, we'll have to try that one out next year! Hope all is well with your family! Oh, we loved your Christmas card. I got your family's back in the mail just this week! Darn, so I'll try to re-send it when I get the correct address!

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

Your pictures are all so cute! Kadence is getting so darn big! That is so funny that she didn't want anything to do with Jake when he had the balloon antlers on his head! I would be frightened if I were her too! ha ha. Glad you guys had a great Christmas!

Carbonneau said...

Hey Amanda and Jake! Found your blog, not sure what direction I came from, but I can't believe how big Kadence is! She is ADORABLE! Our blog hasn't been updated for a while, but soon here I will be adding lots of new pics...come see us at ckcarbon dot blogspot dot com. Hope you don't mind if we come back and visit your blog more again!
-Kati